Video Tutorial: Installation
Written by Administrator
Friday, 21 January 2011 11:34
The installation from jDownloads is easy and simple.
When you will upgrade to a newer relaese you must not deinstall first jDownloads.
- PHP 5.0 +
- MySQL 4.1 +
- Joomla 1.5.4 +
Installing jDownloads is pretty straight forward:
- Navigate to the Joomla Installer and select the jDownloads component package for installation.
- Navigate to the Joomla Installer and install the jDownloads Search Plugin if needed.
- Navigate to the Joomla Installer and install a jDownloads translation package if needed.
After installing continue with the initial configuration:
Note: When you deinstall jDownloads, nothing data are deleted in the Database.
- Enable the jDownloads content plugin if installed.
- Enable the jDownloads search plugin if installed.
- Adjust the configuration parameters to your needs.
- Check the folder for the uploaded files. Default: YOUR_JOOMLA_ROOT/jdownloads.
- Create your download categories structure before you create a first download and upload a file.
- jDownloads needs at least one menu item to work properly. Create a menu item for jDownloads in the menu manager and pointing it to the jDownloads component. Use as Type: 'All Categories'.
When you has questions about it, please use the Support Forum.