News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Move items via Batch process the selected items. problem

Started by ibrahim, 04.05.2024 15:12:33

Previous topic - Next topic

ibrahim

Hello! I am trying to move many items via batch processing to another category. It seems to start and finish without any warnings, but in reality, the items haven't been changed to the new category and remain in the old one. The only method that works is manually opening each item and changing the category one by one, which is not feasible for over 400 items. and to avoid modified date changes.

Could you please try running the batch process on the server? I sent a PM a few days ago to Arno and Colin regarding this. It's a clone of the live site.
  •  

ibrahim

HELP!
When using batch to move downloads from one category to another as "Move," all files that were moved did not transfer with their tags. Therefore, all around 350 items that I moved yesterday are missing their tags. Is there any way to restore them, I still have full backup? Additionally, this bug really needs to be fixed because I will continue to move items from time to time in the future.

You can try moving items on the test website that you have access to; all items have tags.-
  •  

ColinM

Ibrahim,
Checked out on one of my test sites. Move a Category together with its sub categories does move the Downloads and the tags.
But if you use Copy then it seems the Tags are not copied.  I believe this is due to the way Joomla references/stores the Tags - but not totally sure this is the reason. :(
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ibrahim

I didn't move a sub-category; instead, I moved 'Downloads' from one sub-category to another within the same parent folder. The tags are gone from these files. You can try on my site.
  •  

ColinM

Ibrahim
I tested a Batch Move on a test site.  The Tags were NOT copied over.
Attach are 5 images that illustrate the case

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ibrahim

Just to confirm, I've tried moving over both the old and new items to see what happens with the tags and item. on all the tables to see if I need to change the category ID or something similar. However, when you move items to another category, all the tags are missing and need to be set again. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be another way for this than re-add the tags again. As for me I cant do it for 350 items but I still have the old version until someone finds a solution or if it can be fixed on next release.
  •  

ibrahim

Please Arno, can you find a few minutes? I need to move over 300 new items to other folders, and the problem I cant assign new tags again for each item. As I lost tags for the latest moved 350 items, but I still have a backup if there's a solution. However, for now, this is an important bug I really need you to look into.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I will look at this today.

Can I use your test installation?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ibrahim

Quote from: Arno on 09.05.2024 13:28:49Hi,
I will look at this today.

Can I use your test installation?
Hi! Sure you can.
  •  

Arno

Okay, seems to be a bug for me. :-\
I will try to fix it today.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: ibrahim

Arno

Sorry, but it seems not to be so simple. So I need a day more to fix this. But I'll hurry.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: ibrahim

Arno

Hi.
I apologise for the long delay in solving the problem.  ::)  :-\

But in the meantime I was able to find the bug and fix it in the upcoming version 4.0.43. Now the selected tags are preserved when moving downloads.

However, this problem still exists when copying downloads that contain tags. I am still looking for the error here, but I will still release the new version today.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ibrahim

Hello Arno! Thank you for informing me. That sounds perfect. However, please change the log in the next version to show the usernames instead of the real names for downloaded items. Currently, it shows names instead of usernames. For instance, if a person named David downloads something, and I search for David's account, there are 15 entries with the name David, but different usernames. I managed to change it so that usernames are displayed in the log.

I have also added a topic regarding this issue.

Have a wonderful day! It's summer and very hot here in Hannover; the sun is scorching  8)
  •