News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Sub-cat Problems

Started by 614cooker, 27.08.2020 03:05:52

Previous topic - Next topic

614cooker

hello again I need some help I just dont have a clue how to fix it. On my website wizzsim.com I have many different categories. I have 7 categories with sub categories and 6 work fine with my template but there is one that not working as it should.

if you go onto my website and click the first which is Lockheed Martin Prepar3d you will notice that the page looks the same as my main website and so does 3 other cats but the Microsoft FSX category,  Flight Simulator 98, 2000, 2002 the template is all screwed up I have tried many different settings including deleting everything on that pages but the issue still exists. all the modules stay at the bottom off the screen that should be on the right hand side of Jdownloads. This issue only started with Jdownloads 3.9.2 it worked fine with 3.9.1.

Could someone please help me im pulling my hair out and I dont need to lose anymore lol. I am almost certain its not a template issue. It is a very weird issue that i have never came across.

Thanks Matt.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is not a template problem but a database problem that arrisesfrom using an oldeer version of MySQL (5.6 or earlier) or an earlier MariaDB installed on your web server.

We have identified the problem and seeking the best solution
In the meantime we advise reverting back to jD3.2 There is a document at
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/reverting-back-to-jd3-2
Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Matt,
QuoteThis issue only started with Jdownloads 3.9.2 it worked fine with 3.9.1.
We had other users which had this problem also with 3.9.1.
You can try to use as sub category layout the 'Multi column'. Then should be the modules displayed correctly again. I hope so.

Edit:
Okay. I see you use already the multi column layout. But I cannot see any difference between the categories. Or was you go back to the older version?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Okay we could find the bug. So the version 3.9.5 should solve the issue.
This version will be published very soon. Maybe even today.

Users which will test the fix can copy the attached (unzipped) file via FTP to:
JOOMLA_ROOT/components/com_jdownloads/views/category/tmpl/

The existent old file must be overwritten.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •