News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Download 3.2.5 Beta - (Not a bug!)

Started by whitemike, 15.05.2014 19:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

whitemike

i tried to install the beta ang got the error msg

Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

Error loading component: com_jdownloads, Component not found

any idea ?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have downloaded and installed the latest 3.2.5 beta OK.  A variety of questions come to mind to be of help so please excuse the 'questioning' ;)

It may of course be that the download got corrupted.  So have you tried downloading again? 
You could try checking the MD5 checksum of the downloaded 3.2.5 beta zip file is
Quote25f8d4287a503d01d14203a2247fe34b
-I use a little utility from http://www.winmd5.com/ to find the MD5 value.
Are you upgrading from an existing 1.9 series?
Is this a fresh install or are you trying to update from the previous 3.2.4, or earlier, version?
Presume you using the 'Upload Package file' method.  Have you tried the 'Install from Directory' method?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

whitemike

Hi
i have download it several times always with the same error, when installing

i originally had the previous beta installed, deinstalled it , cleaned the database "jownloadtables" , and afterwards installed 3.2.5 again

•  

whitemike

i managed to fix the error,

the problem was that i had to manually delete the component "com_jownload" from the /component  directory
  •  

Arno

Quote from: whitemike on 16.05.2014 10:05:38
i managed to fix the error,

the problem was that i had to manually delete the component "com_jownload" from the /component  directory
It seems that you had changed some file in this folder. When you deinstall then the component, you get from the Joomla installer normally a hint. Perhaps have you not noted this.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •