News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

The Changelog field

Started by WildLynxPilot, 24.02.2023 10:07:36

Previous topic - Next topic

WildLynxPilot

I am trying out jDownloads 4 on my site. There is a Changelog field under the short and long descriptions. How can I access that field in the layouts, preferrably by using a link that opens it?

•  

ColinM

Hi
Presently there is no code to show in a layout. The facility was added just to the Backend.  But is is a good idea to have such a feature.
Please add to suggestions. 
There is a facilty in the User Group Settings to turn on/off - probably need adding extra field to allow in viewing/editting in front end as well.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

QuotePresently there is no code to show in a layout. The facility was added just to the Backend.
Sorry, but this is not correct.

You can display this field in every 'Download Details Layout' with this placeholders: {changelog_title} {changelog_value}
See also the information part on the first pic below.

As Colin already told, it exist also an option to edit this field in the frontend. See second pic.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

WildLynxPilot

Ok, thanks that works! 

Is it possible to make a title and a field show conditionally, only if it has contents?
  •  

Arno

You can try this option (see pic). But I have it still not tested with jDownloads 4.0.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •