News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

where are the language files?

Started by carin, 26.04.2014 14:09:22

Previous topic - Next topic

carin

I was not able to find the translations category for the 3.2 version. Where can one download the German translation?

cheers
Joomla 3.2 | jD 3.2 | PHP 5.3 | Apache 2
  •  

Arno

Hi,
why read nobody the download descriptions?  ::)

QuoteAt this time are the English language files and the German language files available. But the German files are not complete translated currently. Progress with other languages is being made in parallel by the translators using www.transifex.com Because of the numerous enhancements in the jDownloads 2.5/3.2 series, the older version language files are incompatible. Please do not attempt to use the previous language files. If you have an urgent need for a particular language then why not offer to help with the translation?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

carin

I ask because I read that description and it says there are the "German language files available". But it does not say WHERE. So I ask. I would like to use them although they are not entirely translated yet.

I am not interested in ohter languages, so I dont need to go the transifex website.
  •  

Gerard

Carin,

What's available can be found here: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/jdownloads-s3/

As Arno mentioned it's far from complete, so use at your risk.

Gerard
  •  

Arno

Hi,
the german language files for jD 2.5 and 3.2 are included in the jD installation packages. But the administration part is not complete translated yet.

I would upload it on transifex, but it seems that i have problems with my permission settings.  :-\
So below is the last version (in work).

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

carin

Thanks, I did not know that German comes with the initial installation because I would suspect that in this case German would be applied to the front end views if Joomla displays everything else in German. I checked the lang file and the top navigation bar seems to be translated already but it shows up in English. Do I need to activate that German lang file somehow?
  •  

Arno

QuoteDo I need to activate that German lang file somehow?
Not that I know of.
Have you created for every installed Joomla language also a 'content' item in language manager?
See you all other Joomla content in german language?
What is when you activate the language debug option in Joomla config?
Exists the german jD language files in the Joomla language folders?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

carin

My Joomla multilanguage setup is topnotch I'd say ;D works as expected.

But the JD file has an error: JROOT/language/de-DE/de-DE.com_jdownloads.ini : Fehler in Zeile(n) 192, 223
  •  

Arno

Okay. Thanks. Please try the corrected file below.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

carin

•