News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

isSite() issues in jD 3.9.8.7 when upgrading to Joomla! 4.2.9{OK}

Started by Tom68, 19.04.2023 05:41:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom68

Dear Arno and Colin,

thanks a lot for all the work in order to prepare jDownloads for Joomla! 4. Great job.

There is one issue that others, who upgrade their websites, may struggle with as I did. It concerns the change from the old "isSite()" call to the new "isClient('Site')" call. I have noticed that in jD 3.9.8.7 the old "isSite()" was still included with the following files:

./plugins/content/jdownloads/jdownloads.php
line 48
line 105

./plugins/search/jdownloads/jdownloads.php
line 187

./plugins/system/jdownloads/jdownloads.php
line 78
line 236

./components/com_jdownloads/helpers/categories.php
line 282
line 293

In addition, there was also another extension (plugin > search) that suffered from the same problem in my former Joomla! 3 installation. All together, broke the global configuration page of the administrator backend after the migration to Joomla! 4.2.9. After fixing the corresponding code with a text editor on the server side, the administrator backend was finally fully functional.

Regards
Tom
  •  

ColinM

Tom
Thanks for your helpful note
Have checked latest version ( jD4-0-26) and all are changed. Just to test I also looked back at 4-0-18 and that was OK.  Arno will know when the actual version when the correction occured.

Yes the old search plugin would cause a problem when doing an update to Joomla

Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Tom,
Joomla announced some time ago that it would remove the old Search component from Joomla 4. Therefore, I did not plan an update of the jDownloads 'Search' plugin, as I assumed that there will be no Joomla 4 compatible 'Search' component in the future. It was not until quite late that I read about the further development and the Joomla 4 version on GitHub. Unfortunately, I have not yet had time to take this into account in my version. However, I will adapt the update script so that the jDownloads Search extension will at least be deactivated.

By the way, which jDownloads version have you use for the upgrade from 3.9.8.7 ?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Tom68

Hi Colin and Arno,

sorry for my late reply. I was busy aligning the look & feel of my upgraded Joomla! 4 website  :).

1) The "search plugin" that I had mentioned earlier, was in fact part of an obsolete weblinks extension.

./plugins/search/weblinks/weblinks.php: 183

After I had fixed the residual isSite() issues, I uninstalled the entire weblinks extension. The J!4 search plugin is still there and operational.

2) Concerning my upgrade, I upgraded from Joomla!3.10.11 with jDownloads 3.9.8.7 to Joomla! 4.2.9 with jDownloads 4.0.24. After fixing the isSite() issues, I updated then to jDownloads 4.0.26 without any problems.

Regards
Tom
  •