News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Real names instead of Usernames - [Fixed in 4.0.40]

Started by Florian, 17.01.2024 19:06:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Florian

Hi,

another bug: JD 4.0.39, J 4.4.2, PHP 8.2.13 . Configured to show usernames and not real names.

When you edit a Download in frontend and assign it to a user, it will show a dropdown list with real names - no matter whether you configured to use username instead of real names. As I am responsible for breach of data security I had to find a solution

It is in components/com_jdownloads/forms/download.xml where I changed section P7 to show username :

<!--P7 created by   -->

<field
            name="created_by"
            type="sql"
            label="COM_JDOWNLOADS_CREATED_BY"
            description="COM_JDOWNLOADS_CREATED_BY_DESC"
            query="SELECT id , username FROM #__users ORDER BY username asc"
            multiple="single"
            default="0"
            key_field="id"
            value_field="username">
            <option value="0">COM_JDOWNLOADS_SELECT_A_USER</option>
        </field>

BTW: This is an old bug that I had already reported in JDownloads 3.9
Happy Coding with Joomla and jDownloads
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Arno

ColinM

Hi
I confirm the bug.  Solution given is a permanent selection which is OK if you always need the username. 
Options - Frontend - 'Use real user name' is presently not used but it should be used

The XML needs modifying to select the correct item - but not simple to do!!!

Colin
Colin M
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Arno

Arno

Hi,
I think the changes above are a good solution for now. So it will be part of the next version.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •