News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problems with allowed file types

Started by miga81, 23.07.2024 16:11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

miga81

Hello,

I've upgraded my System to Joomla 4 and jDownloads to 4.0.43 Stable.

I have the problem that the system doesn't download files like docx, pptx or xlsx, even if I put this in allowed file section in the settings category upload. It only want to donwload a htm file.

Is there another settings menu to allow other file extension to be downloaded?

And thanks for your tremendous project :)
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When you upgraded did you follow the documentation 'Upgrading from jD3.9 to jD4'
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation/getting-started-v3-9/upgrading-from-jd3-9-to-jd4

If not I suggest you review the article and check you have carried out all the steps.
-----------------------------------------------------
There are several places to specify the file types allowed to be uploaded and downloaded.

In jD Options - Uploads- 'Other allowed File Extensions' you can specify what can be uploaded

For each usergroup  that is allowed to create new Downloads or edit existing Downloads then Select  'User Groups Settings' - which is in the list under jDownloads in the Components list. 
Then in the tab 'Group Creation/Editting Setting' tab, in option 'Allowed  File Types' you may add extra types such as 'docx'.
More Later
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The restricions only apply to to creating and uploading in the fronnt end.  You should be able to create downloads with files of any type in the backend.

Please advise if you have a problem in the backend.
Colin
PS I rewriting an article to make it clearer when using the Ceate Download Menu item in front end on how to add other file extensions
Colin M
  •