News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

DB optimization

Started by musicasampler, 03.08.2024 01:14:31

Previous topic - Next topic

musicasampler

I need to know if there is a Joomla plugin to optimize a database. My website has been suspended twice on hostinger due to lack of optimization.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
As far as I know there is no joomla plugin or similar to 'optimise' the databse.

It is probable that you have multiple cross links, incuding numerous menu items and jD category/Downloads.
Sugest you try to simplify your site a litte - sometimes they grow year on year and nee rvising.

Also what was the actual comment from Hostinger?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

musicasampler

Quote from: ColinM on 03.08.2024 21:35:31Hi
As far as I know there is no joomla plugin or similar to 'optimise' the databse.

It is probable that you have multiple cross links, incuding numerous menu items and jD category/Downloads.
Sugest you try to simplify your site a litte - sometimes they grow year on year and nee rvising.

Also what was the actual comment from Hostinger?
Colin

Hostinger tells me that I need to optimize the database. I have tried to optimize it by changing the storage engines from innodb to myisam. But I think that is not enough. It seems to me that there is a war against Joomla, there are fewer and fewer hosting that support Joomla, they only want WordPress.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
My impression is also that in USA hosters prefer WordPress - which is 'simpler' but far less powerful than Joomla  Also generally less secure in my view.
The hoster I use in the UK, CW3, is located in New York  with data centres in Los Angeles.  They have no problem supporting Joomla and of course they also support WordPress

That is my two penny worth!!!
Colin
Colin M
  •  

musicasampler

Quote from: ColinM on 05.08.2024 13:31:20Hi
My impression is also that in USA hosters prefer WordPress - which is 'simpler' but far less powerful than Joomla  Also generally less secure in my view.
The hoster I use in the UK, CW3, is located in New York  with data centres in Los Angeles.  They have no problem supporting Joomla and of course they also support WordPress

That is my two penny worth!!!
Colin
Is there any chance that jdownloads could have a wordpress version in the future?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
No chance at all!!!
Colin
Colin M
  •  

musicasampler

Quote from: ColinM on 05.08.2024 20:46:21Hi
No chance at all!!!
Colin
There are fewer and fewer hostings that support Joomla. thank you
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Nearly all hosting services advertise they support Wordpress
The link below is an article for the six best Joomla sites - they are 'large' hosts with centres worldwide
https://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/web-hosting/joomla/

Some of them offer to transer existing sites
Colin
Colin M
  •  

musicasampler

Hi ColinM,I finally hired a VSP and jdownloads works much better. I need to get a plugin for cookies. Do you know of one?
  •  

ColinM

You Wrote "I finally hired a VSP and jdownloads works much better. I need to get a plugin for cookies. Do you know of one?"

What is a VSP as I am not familiar with that?
Also what do you want a cookie plujin for? Is it to stop cookies?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

musicasampler

Sorry, I meant a VPs, the corrector betrayed me
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Do you mean the site is a a Virtual Private Server?

Also what do you want a cookie plugin for? Is it to stop cookies?
Please advise
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
have now logged in as admin.  Did you have jDownloads installed previously or is it a a completely new install you need?
Colin
Colin M
  •