News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problem caused bij Joomla 5.1.3 - [Joomla 5.1.3 Bug - Fixed in 4.0.45]

Started by wim49, 21.08.2024 18:19:38

Previous topic - Next topic

wim49

Since the update of Joomla from 5.1.2 to 5.1.3 I notice a change in jDownloads. I have so many items in some download categories on the site (e.g. more than 20) that pagination is needed in the frontend. In the jDownload options in the frontend tab the parameter Number of Downloads to show per page is set to 5. The first 5 are then displayed correctly, the next ones are not. I then suddenly see a number of main categories. I have simulated it on a test environment and indeed after the upgrade from Joomla 5.1.2 to 5.1.3 the problem occurred immediately.

jDownloads Version 4.0.42
PHP version 8.2
  •  

NJK

•  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks forthe update,
Guess there will be a Joomla5.1.3 fix soon
Coin
Colin M
  •  

patbe60

After updating to Joomla 5.1.3 pagination works fine in all my components (jevents, phoca gallery) but not in jDownloads. I have also applied the proposed changes (https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/43953/files) without succes.
In my opinion adjustments need to be made also in jDownloads.
  •  

ColinM

hi
I have checked this out on two different test sites and all was OK.
Please advise which version of PHP you are using. I am using 8.2.22

Colin
Colin M
  •  

patbe60

PHP 8.3.10

I'm using jD also on an other website. Live I'm working with J 5.1.2 => no problems
On my local environment I' using J 5.1.3 and get the following error:

Warning: Undefined array key -1 in /Volumes/Dokumente/MAMP/panmusic5/components/com_jdownloads/src/Helper/LegacyRouter.php on line 481

It works, when I select "All Downloads" but I get the problem, when I select one single category.

In summary pagination works when browsing through categories or selecting "All Downloads". But when trying to browse in one single category through downloads the problems start like described in the first post.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Just to ne clear is this when you use a menu item to show the downloads in a single category ?
When I set to PHp 8.3 then there were many problems so I reset to PHP 8.2 and all was well again.
So it may be PHP version problem.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

patbe60

Menu item is "List all cagetories". I have a lot of categories, showing 5 per page. Browsing works.
When I select one single cqtegorie, using the option "Display Category list box in Header" I see the downloads, also five per page. Here pagination is not working. When I click on a site number it leads always back to the category overview.
No problem when I select "All downloads".

The problem started with J 5.1.3.
That's why the Joomla developers made some security changes in Pagination.
A lot of component delevopers have already reacted to this change and adapted their components.

It happens with any php version, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3.

With Joomla 5.1.2 there were no problems with any of these php versions.

The problem can be seen in the URL: when you click the second page the URL is ../downloads?view=category&start=5 instead of

../downloads?view=category&catid=2&start=5

So the catid is missing. This needs to be fixed in jDownloads component.

Please check this :
https://docs.joomla.org/J5.x:Pagination_class_removes_query_parameters
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for the explanation.
Yes I have been able to reproduce.

After showing the first set of 5 the link to the next set is
https://jd-testing.com/index.php/list-all-jd-categs/category?start=5 which is clearly missing the catid as you have reported.
Will advise Arno.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Guys,
thanks for the information. I will try to fix it very soon.  ::)  :-\
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!

wim49

I see in the announcement of Joomla 5.1.4 that the problem is apparently fixed there:
"Fixes the bug in pagination introduced by a security fix in 5.1. 3"

Maybe you don't need to do anything. :)
  •  

ColinM

Have just updated to 5.1.4 and it solves the pagination probem
Colinl
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Nice. Thanks for the hint!  ;D
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

patbe60

Quote from: ColinM on 28.08.2024 10:08:39Have just updated to 5.1.4 and it solves the pagination probem
Colinl
Sorry, no, the probem is not solved.

It only works when replacing the file libraries/src/Pagination/Pagination.php with this one from Joomla 5.1.2.

It's also not solved on Colin's testsite. Please check:

https://jd-testing.com/index.php/list-all-jd-categs/category/49-pdf-files

I think that is really necessary to set somewhere in your component the code

setAdditionalUrlParam

Please check this :
https://docs.joomla.org/J5.x:Pagination_class_removes_query_parameters

The fix in J 5.1.4 was for smart search. That's where the problem occurred.
  •  

wim49

I can confirm what patbe60 says. In my case the problem is not solved too.
  •