News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Categories do not move to the next page

Started by musicasampler, 30.08.2024 07:30:45

Previous topic - Next topic

musicasampler

Hello, since the version of Joomla 5.1.3 was updated to 5.1.4 two days ago, the category boxes are not working correctly, it takes me back. Here I attach an image so you can see where this happens, I leave you the link to my website and the categories that do not run for the next number. I have two websites that have the same problem. All this since Joomla was updated.

https://musicasampler.com/index.php/midis?view=category&catid=2
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Have looked at our site and all seems well except one is constantly plagued with advertising, particulary for Avast anti Virusand thatseems to cofuse the issue
I was able to step through the Categories and Subcateories OK if I avoided the advertising

But maybe the problem is not soled with sub categories
Colin M
  •  

musicasampler

Here I am sending you another test site that I have without advertising. In the subcategories there are no problems, it is only about the categories. Try to change the box and you will see that Parent Category not found appears.

https://ms5.musicasampler.com/index.php/midis?view=category&catid=2

On this ad-free domain, you try to browse this category and the result returns you back. This has happened since Joomla 5.1.4. With 5.1.3 this did not happen.

https://nuevoskaraokes.com/index.php/midis/category/4-descargas-midi
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have looked at the 'no advertising' site.  It is a little unusual as there are over 1000 Downloads in the uncategorised Category. 
Also it has 'You do not have permission to download every file from this page'.
However when one clicks to advance to another page it gives 'Parent Cateory not Found'.
I also tried the only other category 'Midis de Cumbias Peruanas'
That has the same problem.
Looked at a few Downloads They had View Access as Public but No permission for Public

Colin
Colin M
  •  

musicasampler

But the problem still remains..
Now I set the download permissions to only registered by default. For you, I gave you administrator access on the test site so you can see that this problem of moving files forward occurs. I repeat, this happens in Jdownload since the latest version of Joomla. Anyway, I'm going to make two test sites (one Joomla version 5.1.4 and 5.1.3) to be sure if this problem is really from J 5.1.4 and maybe ARNO needs to update jdowmloads for J 5.1.4.
If you need the administrator credentials, I'll send them to you in private.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
It is recognised that the problem is NOT solved. Arno is preparing an jD update to fix
Colin
Colin M
  •  

musicasampler

It sounds good, I don't know what's happening with Joomla in its recent versions, I imagine that this will improve, new things fail a lot until they are improved.

meanwhile I removed all this in pagination and it is working fine, although this should not happen.
LIBRARIES/SRC/PAGINATION/PAGINATION.PHP

Platform defaults
        $defaultUrlParams = [
            'format'        => 'CMD',
            'option'        => 'CMD',
            'controller'    => 'CMD',
            'view'          => 'CMD',
            'layout'        => 'STRING',
            'task'          => 'CMD',
            'template'      => 'CMD',
            'templateStyle' => 'INT',
            'tmpl'          => 'CMD',
            'tpl'          => 'CMD',
            'id'            => 'STRING',
            'Itemid'        => 'INT',
        ];
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Arno is working on a new jD version to cure this problem.  That is jD will work with the standard Joomla version.
If you have articles or similar I expect you will need to retofit the changes you made to LIBRARIES/SRC/PAGINATION/PAGINATION.PHP . I cannot find any ref to  $defaultUrlParams so I am not sure what you did to cure the problem. I am using Joomla! 5.1.4 Stable.  Please advise
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Is fixed today in 4.0.45. Sorry for the delay.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

musicasampler

With this latest update of jdownloads 4.0.45 the problem of pagination of the categories was solved, thanks  ;D  ;D
  •