News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

icomoon symbols for Overview/Search/Up/Add not showing

Started by TJoomla, 17.09.2024 05:01:24

Previous topic - Next topic

TJoomla

The icomoon symbols for Overview/Search/Up/Add are not showing for some views. I figured it out. It's because of Remove empty HTML tags. The symbols can be shown with Remove empty HTML tags enabled by making the HTML tag inserted for them non-empty:

-        $span_home_symbol   = '<span class="icon-home-2 jd-menu-icon"> </span>';
+        $span_home_symbol   = '<span class="icon-home-2 jd-menu-icon">&#160;</span>';

I attached a patch file with all the cases.

Thank you,
Tim

Joomla Version: 4.4.8 (new install)
jDownloads 4.0.45 Stable (new install)
PHP Version: 8.3
Standard backend template
jDownloads 4.0.45 Stable (new install) / Joomla 4.4.8 (new install) / PHP 8.3 / Standard backend template
== Thank you, Arno & Colin! ==
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Arno

ColinM

Hi
To enable Icomoon font go to Jd Options Pictures and Buttons tab
Scroll down to 'Use Icomoon font' and set to yes or no.

The attached Pictures show the result

I am using jD 4.0.45 with PHP 8.2.23 and Joomla 5.1.4
Colin
Colin M
  •  

TJoomla

Yup.

However, in some views, this does not work.

It took hours for me to track it down.

It is because I have Remove Empty HTML tags set, because I like the really short status bars sometimes and without Remove Empty set, they have these funny little marks.

The icomoon font symbols are placed in these buttons using this HTML:
<span class="icon-home-2 jd-menu-icon"> </span>
where the CSS class causes the icon to show up. This is an empty HTML tag.

I fixed it by putting a binary non-breaking space, as Arno recommends somewhere to allow an empty HTML tag when Remove Empty is set:
<span class="icon-home-2 jd-menu-icon">&#160;</span>

I'm pretty good as sh, so I did this fix in 20 places, 5 different files, with a 1 line sh. I attached a patch with these fixed files to the initial post of this bug report.

Thank you,
Tim
jDownloads 4.0.45 Stable (new install) / Joomla 4.4.8 (new install) / PHP 8.3 / Standard backend template
== Thank you, Arno & Colin! ==
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have replicated your findings in regard to 'Remove EmptyHTML' setting in Front End
and setting  Icomoon Font in Pics & Buttons

Colin
Colin M
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: TJoomla